Configuring Windows Defender Antivirus for Windows 10
6. You will now see the Security at a glance screen as shown in the following screenshot:
7. You can see from the screenshot that the Virus & threat protection needs no action. This indicates that everything is up to date. If you click on the Virus & threat protection icon you will see the following screenshot:
9. To check for updates click the Check for updates button as highlighted (7) in the above screenshot. Your PC will now check for any updated virus definitions files and download them. You will also be asked to restart the service.
You have now successfully checked that your antivirus is enabled and up to date using Windows Defender for Windows 10.
3. Now click on the Update tab highlighted (3) as shown in the following screenshot:
4. You will see details of when the spyware definitions were last created, along with the definition versions and the date and time that these were last updated. Now click the Update button as highlighted (4) in the previous screenshot.
5. You will now see the latest virus and spyware definitions download and update as shown in the following screenshot:
6. Once the update has completed you will now see the following screenshot: